Database Management or Database Management System (DBMS) is a software package designed to define, manipulate, retrieve and manage data in a database. A DBMS generally manipulates the data itself, the data format, field name, record structure and file structure. It also defines rules to validate and manipulate this data.
Mastering the concepts or database management system is very Important to get started with computer science because database management system is the program which is responsible for the ease with which we are able to fetch data from the database and that is the backbone of internet today. The concepts which we are going to study is going to help have a very good understanding of database management system
Without using DBMS, it is extremely difficult to communicate with the data in the server. Every server today has DBMS installed in it. Through this course you will not only master the basics of DBMS but also get ready for venturing into advanced concepts of DBMS.
In this course, every concept of DBMS is taught in an easy-to-understand manner such that anybody without any prerequisites will be able to master the concepts of database management system in the easiest way.
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who needs to learn DBMS from scratch.
- Anybody who want to pursue a career in Computer Science.
- Anybody who has DBMS in the Bachelor’s degree.
- Anybody who is preparing for interview in product based companies.
- If you are preparing for exams like GATE, PGEE, BITS HD, ISRO, etc.
- If you are a Computer Science Engineer.
Developing and managing efficient and effective database applications requires understanding the fundamentals of database management systems, techniques for the design of databased, and principles of database administration. This course emphasized database concepts, developments, use and management in three main sections
- Database Concepts
- emerging trends
Relational database systems are the main focus, but other types, including object oriented databases, are studied. Practical design of databased and developing databased applications using modern software tools will be emphasized.
Upon successfully completing this course, the student will:
- Understand the fundamentals of relational, object-oriented, and distributed database systems including: data models, database architectures, and database manipulations.
- Understand the theories and techniques in developing database applications and be able to demonstrate the ability to build databased using enterprise DBMS products such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Be familiar with managing database systems.
- Understand new developments and trends in databases.